Last Modified: September 24, 2019
In this policy we describe the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our website (the “Platform”) and our practices for collecting, using, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age and you are not allowed to use the Platform or provide information on it if you are under 13 years of age. If we learn we have received personal information from or about a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) you may only use the Platform if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country or if verifiable parental consent for your use of the Platform has been provided to us.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Platform, including:
- Name, email address, and other contact information needed to connect Platform users and facilitate transactions through the Platform;
- Credit card, bank account, and other billing information if you use the Platform to hire and pay designers or accept payments for design services;
- Additional information that you voluntarily enter about yourself that may include personal information, such as design experience, design needs, and other information you may decide to share to sell or hire design services on the Platform or that you enter into our Platform messaging service;
- Information about a project(s) for which design services are needed;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Platform, and Platform usage details.
How We Collect Information From You
We collect information from you in two ways:
First, directly from you when you provide it to us, such as entering your information into a questionnaire provided to you on the Platform, signing up for an account, or filling in sections on your user profile on the Platform, or using the Platform messaging service.
Second, we collect generic information about your usage and equipment automatically as you navigate through the Platform, such as usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
Do Not Track Settings
The Company does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party websites track your browsing activities when you use their websites so that they can tailor their content to your preferences. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To develop, provide, and improve the Platform and its services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or any projects you are engaged in on the Platform.
- To collect payment for services you are requesting on the Platform or issue payment for services you provided through the Platform.
- To share your design services or design needs with other Platform users.
- To try to resolve disputes between users.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or you and another user, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Platform or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address as your preferred method of contact with another user during a project, we will share the email address with the other user.
- To third party contractors in order to analyze Platform performance and user behavior and/or to improve the Platform.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Platform, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Platform users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access. For example, access by a user to his or her personal information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by the user. This information is encrypted through the Platform with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. Also, we perform regular malware scanning of the Platform and all servers and computers used by us to support the Platform. All Company employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
You have options in relation to the information and data that we have about you. To exercise any of the options discussed below, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re an EEA user, you may:
Access the information we have about you. We'll will make an effort to share this information with you within a reasonable time.
Have your information corrected or deleted.
Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easily unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you, or by emailing us at the email address above.
Withdraw your consent for us to collect and process your personal information at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland or with your local supervisory authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Third Party Links
The Platform may contain links that lead to other websites, and the Company is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, and/or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Platform and welcome any feedback about these external websites.We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Platform thereafter. Your continued use of the Platform or our Services following the posting of revised Terms means you accept and agree to the changes.